Full Implementation Of Rich Snippets And Structured Data
If you have ever wondered how some sites have star ratings underneath their listing images and thumbnails beside their listings, you’ve come to the right place. Microdata is coding that is placed within a site which lets search engines know what display it can be implemented for:
- Businesses and organizations
- Software applications
- TV episodes
How Can Schema Help Your SEO
One of Google’s new algorithms called Hummingbird, looks to ascertain the overall meaning of your webpage. By providing rich snippets it allows easier understanding for search engines. Ranking for the proper keywords and subjects are more important than just ranking.
Also, when Google introduced their algorithm Panda, one of its measurements was the click through rate of a listing. If more people click on your search result, it is a clear indication that people have a higher interest in what you have to say, therefore increasing your rankings.
Other than the right title to entice your prospect to click on your listing, it is making your listing stand out with:
- a thumbnail of the video
- having an image of the author
- a larger listing by providing an event calendar
- being able to see a star rating
- seeing that it is a product page and product price right from the search results
- able to identify local businesses with addresses and phone numbers
- displaying multiple pages of your site with a breadcrumb
These have improved all of our clients click through rates.
Simply put, they get more traffic.
Rich Snippets has a positive effect on current algorithms and is only getting stronger as searchers get more sophisticated and expect these features.